Saturday, January 29, 2011

Skylar Postma

It was with mixed feelings we received word Skylar Postma, 2nd child of Kaytee and Josh was born at 2:31 am on Wednesday, January 26, 2011. This beautiful child weighed in at 6 lbs 4 oz. and is 19 inches long.

Why mixed feelings? As happy as I am that she is safely here and her Momma is OK, it makes me terribly sad I am not there to welcome her along with her parents and other grandparents.

When I said, “I’ll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord,” I knew as missionaries, we would miss some exciting family events, but did not expect it to be this painful! Congratulations to Kaytee and Josh. Even from this distance, I can see she is beautiful just like her Momma!!!

1 comment:

Dean and Elaine said...

Congratulations, Grandma! She's a beauty! We came out in January and Tammy had a baby in March so I can totally relate! Thank goodness for blogs! And Skype when it works.