Friday, August 18, 2017

Visiting Doris and Dexter

Our three week “circuit” vacation began on Day One with a visit to Mom and Dad’s grave at the National Cemetery in Riverside, CA (Section 43 / Site 2210). It was the first time we’ve been to the gravesite since Mother passed away a year ago because we were prevented from reaching our destination three days after her death when SoCal's 2016 Blue Cut fire closed down the southbound I-15 freeway heading into Riverside County.

I must admit, seeing another proof my Mother is truly gone from mortality was a bit surreal but gave me final closure.

Now I have to work through my feelings - knowing what we know about the power of the Atonement - and decide if I will be sealed in the temple to my parents.  If I cannot forgive her for her actions towards me, I cannot expect the power of the Atonement to wipe away my sins, so I will begin the process and hope it leads me to the place I need to be!

3 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

Wow! That's the first time I have really heard you say that about your mother. You always sorta made up excuses for her behavior. I'm glad you're coming to terms with it. Hope with some time you get the closure you need to be sealed to them. If for no other reason than to be with your dad again, whom we all know you loved dearly! Love you Mom!

eds said...

Well said I know how painful this journey has been for you. You will make the right choice. That is just the kind of woman you are and have always been. Your Dad is wait with open arms. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Even if you can't heal from how she treated you, and I can't blame you, won't she be shown the error of her ways on the other side?