Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dad Beats the Odds

Dad says, "On this beautiful November afternoon in Dixie I found a very happy ball at the bottom of the cup on the 8th hole at Southgate Golf Course. It only took one stroke to get the ball in the hole. Yes, I now have my first hole-in-one. Many golfers go a lifetime without even coming close and it only took me 67 years. I was golfing with Ray Odell and two others and we all witnessed a 120-yard shot over the sand trap take one bounce and into the hole. We all turned to each other and said 'did you see what I saw?' and then the high fives began. I had to buy four Cokes so I sure am happy it didn't happen on Men's Day at Green Springs. It could have cost me $100+. I have a call into FedEx Kinko's to see if they would like me to star in a commercial. Just think . . . this could mean millions in interviews and product endorsements."

What are the odds? Golf Digest reports, "One insurance company puts the chance of a PGA Tour pro scoring a hole-in-one at 1 in 3,756. For an amateur, the possibility of getting that little white ball in the cup with one swing is 1 in 12,750!!!"

2 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

Go DAD!!!! That's awesome!

ACShadowrider said...

Congratulations on the Hole in 1!! In Japan it would have cost you almost $10,000!!! They even have hole in one insurance here because of all the gifts and what not you have to buy your friends if you make one.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents

Nephew Todd in Japan