Monday, January 11, 2021

Blessing of Sydney Grace Lovell by her father Simeon Lovell

 

BLESSING OF SYDNEY GRACE LOVELL BY HER FATHER SIMEON LOVELL

Sunday, January 9, 2021 

Mapleton 6th Ward

Our dear Father in Heaven, by the authority of the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold, we give this child a name and a blessing.  And, the name by which you shall be known on the records of the Church (of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) is Sydney Grace Lovell.  

Sydney, we are pleased to have you in our family and grateful Heavenly Father has blessed us by giving you to us.  I bless you, first and foremost with the gift of patience, which will be a guidance to you as you go through life.  I bless you to be faithful and loving to those around you, especially your family.  I bless you with the gift to unify others, with your character and with your voice that you will guide them by always doing what is right … and to be a leader in whatever calling, whether in the church or outside the church, you may hold.  I bless you to respect those around you and to see them as your brothers and sisters and as sons and daughters of God.  And, I bless you to love and cherish the name you have been given and to remember how precious you are, not just to your earthly mother and father, but also your heavenly mother and father.

I bless you to seek guidance from the Lord as you go through trials, for you will face them.  And, I bless you with the will to never give up, no matter how hard those trials may be.  I bless you to be encouraging so you can help others along the way.  I bless you to take counsel, not just give it, for listening is also a heavenly virtue.


I bless you, as you learn the gospel of Jesus Christ, you will gain your own testimony to not just believe but to know those things you have learned are true.  And when you are ready to serve the Lord, in any capacity which He may require and ask of you, I bless you to be the light you have been designed to be by our loving Father in Heaven.


And, all these blessings I give unto you in the precious name of your Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

 

Recorded by Brother Ed Sappington and transcribed by Linda Sappington

No comments: