Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Another Award for My Shelf

Another year, another award! 

Once again, I was totally and completely taken by surprise when my name was called at the “30 Years of Women in Rotary” luncheon in Lindon on Saturday, October 7. 

I had just “chastized” my club president because he – and the other presidents of the 5 Rotary clubs in Washington County - had not submitted a name for recognition from among the outstanding women in our community. He responded, “oh, dear, I guess I forgot.”

Turns out, I was the designated recipient as “Southern Utah Rotary’s Woman of the Year” selected unanimously by my club and apparently the leadership of the other 4 clubs as well. 

Bev Christy, our current District Governor – only the second female to serve in this capacity -  was named “Utah Rotary Woman of the Year.”  I am humbled.  Rotary is certainly an important part of my life.

2 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

Awww mom that's amazing!!!! You can't see it from here but I'm beaming with pride!!!!

eds said...

You have always amazed me with your ability to achieve the highest possible level of excellence. We are so proud to call you Mom, sister and my wonderful wife.