Sunday, December 4, 2016

Selwin and Brianna Are Married

Selwin Anthony Lovell and Brianna Teddie Bair were married for time and eternity in the St. George LDS Temple on Saturday, November 26, 2016.  Approximately 60 friends and family members – including Bob and Katie Beecher, Val and Marsha Cook, Bruce and Jan Christensen, Simeon’s girlfriend Stephanie Shipley; Daneka Souberbielle, DSU’s Multi-cultural and Diversity Center director; and, dozens of aunts, cousins, grandparents and friends gathered in the largest temple sealing room to witness this beautiful event.

A luncheon catered by members of the Bloomington 9th Ward, followed at Dixie High School, where Brianna’s dad and our bishop works as a Vice Principal.  After a delightful slide show chronicling the lives of the bride and groom, the bride’s parents spoke as did the “mother” of the groom who was asked to share a tearful recollection of how the twins had come to live with us here in St. George.

The reception was beautiful, with Brianna expertly overseeing every tiny detail.  The food was delicious and plentiful, the decorations charming with a large crowd of well-wishers making their way to the 3rd floor of the Dixie Academy Building (home of the St. George Children’s Museum).   After the line ended, there was dancing – Brianna with her father, Selwin with his “mom” (me) and with Lori Bair (Brianna’s mom) - then the volume rose on the music and Selwin showed his moves, along with his groomsmen and many of Brianna’s friends and cousins.

What I will remember from this special day:

·               Seeing Selwin and Brianna surrounded by family and friends and kneeling across the altar with the light streaming in the window as if heaven itself was watching.
·               Discovering my good friend and fellow Rotarian Jeff Morby had been asked to perform the sealing because he was Dakota Bair’s mission president.
·               Dancing with Selwin whispering in my ear how much he loves me and appreciates all I have done for him and his brother since they came to live with us in October 2013.
·               How impressed I was at seeing the beautiful reception this wonderful bride had put together, all the while telling me, “I’ve got this” and now I realize she really did have it all together.
·               Meeting the mother of one of Selwin’s missionary companions – Elder Hatch – who had driven down from Layton to meet the missionary who had trained her son – and who her son refers to as the “greatest guy in the world.”  She tearfully hugged me and thanked me for “all you have done for this young man.”  I appreciated her kindness, but I don’t feel like I have done anything but love these two fine young men who have blessed my life in so many ways.
Watching my three daughters, five grown granddaughters, and two sons-in-law embrace Selwin with a deep feeling of “family” although just three years ago, they all thought these two young men were just another of Mom/Grandma Linda’s projects.

No comments: