Saturday, May 7, 2016

ROTY 2015-16


I don’t want to come across as self-aggrandizing, vain, conceited or totally void of humility, but on Friday, May 6, 2016, at the recent statewide conference of Rotary District 5420 (50 clubs throughout Utah) in Cedar City, my name was announced by our District Governor Glade Hamilton as the 2015-16 Rotarian of the Year.  It was a pretty big deal and I was so surprised, I nearly fell off my chair.  Not sure what I did to deserve this honor, but I am humbled because there are more than 1800 Rotarians in the state … many who have done amazing, remarkable things and deserve this recognition far more than I.

2 comments:

Linda Sappington said...

Michael said, "Go, Mom. I realized the other day she's the reason I'm so successful in life! Go, Mom."

Kris said, "Yay, mom!!! I now have one more thing I can brag about when I speak of my mom! Congrats!"

Kaytee said, "Yah, mom. That's great. What an awesome surprise."

David said, "I agree!!! Well done, Mother. I am so proud of you and your efforts."

Stacy said, "Congratulations. That is such a great honor ... so proud of you. I'm proud to say you are my mother."

Kelly said "So very proud of my mom's efforts and accomplishments. It's no wonder all my sibs are successful: we have wonderful role models."

Anonymous said...

You are so deserving....I am so proud to be your daughter!!! Congratulations!!