Monday, July 6, 2015

Two Weekends in the Row, Tuacahn and a Cat with Diabetes

Stacy has a friend at the hospital.  She is a cute, single mother of two and a respiratory therapist.  Stacy told her about her divorced brother and they connected on FB.  Michael came down last weekend from Pleasant Grove to meet her.  We all went up to Pine Valley to get out of the heat and cook burgers … then Michael came back again for the 4th of July!  

On Friday night, Ed and I got free tickets to Tuacahn where we volunteer regularly, so we took Stacy, Taisley, Michael and his new friend Miranda to see “When You Wish,” a new Disney play which was created on the Tuacahn stage.  It was delightful and we enjoyed a fun evening together.

David and his family came from Denver for their annual week on Jan’L’s family houseboat at Lake Powell.  It’s been awhile since both of my sons have been here at the same time.

Then there’s my mother’s cat Penny who was diagnosed a week ago with diabetes.  I ordered the insulin and, since Friday, have been giving the cat a daily shot.  She is 15-years old and the center of my mother’s universe so I am doing my best to keep the cat alive until my mother passes.  We’ll see!

And then, we went to Allysa's to celebrate Daxton's 6th birthday ... and Ed sold my Jag.

I’m also sad about the passing this week of Pdt. Boyd K. Packer.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family and with all members of the church who loved this man who wrote his commitment of agency, soon after he came home from his mission:  ‘I’m not neutral, and you can do with me what you want. If you need my vote, it’s there. I don’t care what you do with me and you don’t have to take anything from me because I give it to you—everything, all I own, all I am.”  

No comments: