Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My New Little Toy

My dear friend - and fellow Rotarian - Sterling Spafford passed away a year ago leaving behind his vast wealth, including five homes; a myriad of awards and recognition for his generosity in dozens of causes - especially Rotary where I met and served with him; and, this pretty little 1995 red convertible Jaguar.  Sterling was the original owner buying it, new in 1995, for a whopping $63,500!!!  I bought it today for a fraction of its original price because Sterling's wife and daughter knew he wanted me to have it!  There's not a scratch on this 20-year-old little jewel and it has only 19,320 miles on the odometer.  Yep, that's right ... about 1,000 miles per year!  I am so excited.

6 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

That is sooooooooooo you!!!! I'm jealous!

Linda Sappington said...

Kelly said, "Oh, yummy!"

Linda Sappington said...

Larry said, "WOW!!! Can I drive it next time I'm in town?"

Linda Sappington said...

Charlene said, "Love, love, love it and it is the right color, too. What a great find but sorry it was at the loss of a friend. But every time you drive it you will think of him. Congratulations."

Linda Sappington said...

Stacy said, "So awesome, can't wait to see it."

Linda Sappington said...

Michael said, "Is it real or just another die cast car? If its real, that's awesome and it's nice to see dreams eventually come true."