Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Happy Birthday, Bugga


Wait!!!  When did I get this old?  I simply can’t believe it because when I look in the mirror I don’t see an old woman, but obviously the calendar – and some of my friends and family - beg to differ!  For my birthday and the chance to see David and his family, Stacy threw a party at her house complete with Rick’s delicious bar-be-qued chicken, Danielle’s French fries, green salad and of course, cake (with lots of gooey frosting) and ice cream.  David and Jan’L, their three boys Kaler, Kole and Kyle were with us after a week on the Jones’ houseboat at Lake Powell.  Also present were Alyssa, Josh, Daxton, BJ, Taisley, Kendi, Danielle, Stacy and Rick.  We enjoyed a noisy time together – including a rousing rendition of “Happy Birthday.”  It was very fun and much appreciated, even though I still can’t believe I’m this old.  Nana said it best when on her death bed she said she had an 18-year-old spirit anxious to break free of her 96-year-old body.  I’m not there yet, but from where I am, I can now see both ends of the spectrum!

No comments: