Tuesday, November 20, 2012

MOMMILIES: 1-2-3 for Dental Health

I had an appointment the other day with Allen Hilton - my dentist for more years than I care to remember.  This was my first visit to his office since before we left for our mission at the end of 2010.  Happily, I got a clean bill of dental health.  I have not had a cavity in many years and I have no indication of gum disease!  Yahoo!!!  As my family knows, I am vigilant in taking care of my teeth and told Dr. Hilton in the beginning of our relationship, I want to take these choppers with me into eternity.

My regimen is as simple as 1, 2, and 3!  I floss at least once a day . . . brush at least twice a day and see my dentist 3 times a year (although I may have to cut back to two annual visits since we no longer have dental insurance)!  There are certainly many things which would be worse than having dentures, but having all my teeth pulled ranks right up there on my list of The Top 10 Things I Don’t Want to Experience.
 
Thanks, Allen for your friendship and service in Rotary and for your skill and expertise in the office helping me keep my happy smile!!!

2 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

I can thank my mother for my healthy chompers. As I'm sure I've already told you this, my dentist informed me on my last 2 visits I'm one of only TWO patients he has that has not come in with a cavity since he opened his office in 2010!

Kaytee Postma said...

And those arent your teeth in the picture are they???