Monday, September 7, 2009

A Blast from My Past

Whitney and I were recently IM’ing about walking to school. She was surprised when I told her my dad took me to seminary every morning where I rode to school with some of my friends, but I walked the 5-miles home with my brother Larry and with friends who "dropped off" when we got to their corner. When the weather was bad or we had lots of books, or if we just wanted a change of scenery, we would occasionally take a different route up to Olympic Blvd. (once considered "THE" place to shop in Los Angeles) for a ride home on the "J" car. It turned around a block from our house on Palm Place and Larry believes it was the very last link of the old trolley system in L.A. What a fun memory which came by way of an e-mail invitation to attend the 100th anniversary of Huntington Park High School. Go Spartans!!!

No comments: