Monday, July 13, 2009

Rotarian of the Year Award

I was caught completely off guard in my Rotary Club meeting today, when during the installation of new officers for 2009-2010, my name was announced as the 2009 Rotarian of the Year followed by a spontaneous standing ovation from my fellow Rotarians. The award is "in sincere appreciation and recognition of distinguished service, loyalty and devotion to the ideals of Rotary." I’m guessing the recognition is mostly because I have spent a great deal of time cleaning up the records and bringing them current . . . and because they like to blog (see http://www.stgeorgerotaryclub.blogspot.com)./ Anyway - and for whatever reason it was given - I am humbled since there are some truly remarkable people in my club who do truly remarkable service in the community, the state and in the world!

No comments: