Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You Have the Right Not to Remain Silent!

A week or so ago, Kaytee sent me an e-mail which queried, "if you saw me in the backseat of a police car, what would you think I had been arrested for?" Here are the answers I received when I forwarded that e-mail to members of my family:

My brother Larry thought I might be arrested for "protesting at a pro-choice rally" particularly if it has anything to do with late term abortions!!!

Kelly thought, perhaps, "political activism"

David and Jan'L who, it appears know me pretty well, thought maybe "too many speeding tickets"

Kendi and Taisley often think Grandma really should be arrested for "violating child labor laws"

Whitney did not even hesitate to say "speeding . . . ya, definitely speeding" (although she was quick to point out she couldn't imagine ANY reason why her grandmother would be behind bars

Kaytee thought "road rage" would be an appropriate charge because she remembers, as a small child, her mother calling other (stupid) drivers "dipsticks"

Michael couldn't come up with anything but suggested perhaps I might have been "detained for a fundraising event on behalf of the PD"

Ed thought I should be given a life sentence for "excessive blogging"

Tara couldn't think of anything either, but laughed when I suggested "breaking and entering" for all the times I have just shown up at their house while traveling to the Wasatch Front or "stealing my laptop to check e-mails" because I always want to check in after coming off the highway.

1 comment:

Mike said...

No I thought of somethign immediatly. I wass just busy. If I saw you in the back of a police car I KNOW it would be because of a fundrauser or something. You are too kind to get arrested.